- This event has passed.
Intro to the Antietam Meadow with Dr. Doris
November 6, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join Institute staff member and biologist, Dr. Doris Goldman on a tour and introduction of Antietam Meadow Park, a 25-acre park located west of North Welty Road along the East Branch of Antietam Creek in Washington Township.
Dr. Doris will guide participants around the area and talk about the meadow, its native plants and animals, and the Antietam Creek that runs through the park.
“During the program, we will try skipping stones in the creek, scatter milkweed seeds, look for flower stalks taller than we are, as well as looking at the flora and fauna of the area,” said Goldman.
Goldman is a plant ecologist with a Ph.D. in biology from the University of Illinois.
This event is free (donations accepted).
Enrollment is limited to 25 and pre-registration is required; register via email at [email protected].
- COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed.
- We require that everyone have a mask with them.
- Mask use will be encouraged when in a close group setting regardless of vaccination status.
- Respect physical distancing guidelines when possible.
- If you are sick, have been sick within the past two weeks or been around anyone else that is sick, please stay home.
Underwriting support by Marge Kiersz; Lucinda D. Potter, CPA; SEK CPAs and Advisors; and by Today’s Horizon Fund contributors: The Nora Roberts Foundation; The John R. Hershey Jr. and Anna L. Hershey Family Foundation; Alma W. Oyer; APX Enclosures, Inc.; and the Carolyn Terry Eddy Family: Carolyn, with daughters Connie Fleagle & Kim Larkin.
Facility support courtesy of Washington Township, Pa.