Earth Celebration Day & Festival of Art 2021
April 24 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Our 2021 Earth Celebration Day will be at Red Run Park, Rouzerville, Pa.
The Institute’s Earth Celebration Day and Festival of Art is a full day of discovery, education, music, and art.
This year, the event will be modified to accommodate safety protocols for Covid-19.
By necessity, the 2021 Earth Celebration Day will look a little different than in past years—but we have some great stuff happening!
Precursor to event—Zoom Session: Amphibians
Thursday, April 22
Earth Celebration Day and Art Auction Fundraiser:
Three elements to this event:
1. Free registered programs at different times and places
2. In-person stations at the park from 11–3
3. Fundraiser elements at the park from 11–3
Earth Celebration Free Registered Events: Ten People Maximum
Hands-On Children’s Activity
Red Run Park, 2 p.m
Create Seed Bombs
Plant Trees in Washington Township
Park To Be Determined, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
Earth Day Story Walk & Hike
Pine Hill Recreation Center, 1 p.m.
Earth Celebration Stations
In-Person at Red Run Park 11 a.m–3 p.m.
- Macro Study with The Institute’s WaterStriders
- OSI Paper Shredding
- Recycle Items: Goodwill Truck/furniture & clothes, Lions Club/Eyeglasses, Lowes/Batteries & Lightbulbs
- Antietam Dairy ice cream truck
- Live music performance from 12–2 p.m.
Art Auction & Fundraiser …
In Person at Red Run Park from 11 a.m–3 p.m.
- View and Bid on six Painted Rain Barrels
- View and Bid on Nature Photography by local photographers Andy Smetzer & Denny Bingaman
- Shop from The Institute’s yard sale table
- Purchase Hadley Farm baked goods
ATTENTION ARTISTS: Participation is free! Stay tuned for ways you may participate this year. Details and limitations of this year’s event still being explored.
ATTENTION ENVIRONMENTAL EXHIBITORS: Participation is free! Stay tuned for ways you may participate this year. Details and limitations of this year’s event still being explored.
Check back closer to the event for a flier with all the details.
Event will take place outdoors. Please come prepared for an outdoor day.
Underwriting support provided by Angela Grove-Weagly in memory of Joyce L. Ceyler & in Honor of Richard D. Ceyler, and by Lucinda D. Potter, CPA.
Watch the video of the 2013 Earth Day event, created by Andrew Gehman.