- This event has passed.
Earth Celebration Day 2021
April 24 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Our 2021 Earth Celebration will be at Red Run Park, Rouzerville, Pa., with related events and activities during the same week at various locations around the area.
The Institute’s Earth Celebration Day and Festival of Art has been modified to accommodate Covid restrictions.
While we won’t have our usual crowds, vendors and exhibitors, we will have a full roster of special activities, programs and events.
Earth Celebrations Start on April 17!
Saturday, April 17 • 10 am to 4 pm
• Tree Planting at Conococheague Institute
• The Institute’s WaterStriders will conduct a leaf pack Macroinvertebrate Study
Thursday, April 22 • 7 pm
• Zoom Session: All About Frogs and Amphibians! (Read all about this fun program here!)
The Main Event: Saturday, April 24 • 11 am–3 pm • Red Run Park, Waynesboro
- Macroinvertebrate Stream Study conducted by The Institute’s WaterStriders
- Bartlett Tree Experts hand out FREE SEEDLINGS
- Waynesboro Area Lioness Lions Club (WALL) will collect used eye glasses & cell phones
- Washington Township Police Dept. will collect prescription drugs
- OSI Paper Shredding accepting up to 15 boxes per vehicle • 10 am–1 pm
- Children’s Craft: Create a Seed Bomb (Ages 8–12) • 1–2 pm
- Goodwill Truck accepting donations • 2:30 pm
FREE, PRE-Registered Events:
Email to register: email@example.com
- Family Morning Hike • Pine Hill Recreation Center • 10 am (Note Location!)
- Antietam Watershed Association Tree Planting • Monterey Pass Museum • 10 am (Note Location!)
- Earth Day Story Walk & Craft • Pine Hill Recreation Center • 1 pm (Note Location!)
- Interactive Jugband Performance with Slim Harrison • Red Run Park • 1–2 pm
Rain Barrel Silent Auction
In Person at Red Run Park • 11 am–3 pm
- View and Bid On: Eight Painted Rain Barrels by WASD Community Art Program students
- Shop: The Institute’s Yard Sale Table
- Enter a Raffle Drawing: Vintage Smokey Bear Poster ($5 per entry). See flier here.
- Indulge a Sweet Tooth: Purchase Hadley Farm Sweet Rolls
For more info & to pre-register: info@NatureAndCultureInstitute.org
Earth Celebration Sponsors:
Angela Grove Weagly, in memory of Joyce L. Ceyler & Richard D. Ceyler
Lucinda D. Potter, CPA
Drs. Jerzy Kornilow O.D. & Alison Ridenour, O.D., Antietam EYE Associates
Hadley Farms Bakery
Sam Long/Total Vac
Plus~ Today’s Horizon Fund contributors: The Nora Roberts Foundation; The John R. Hershey Jr. and Anna L. Hershey Family Foundation; Alma W. Oyer; APX Enclosures, Inc.; The Carolyn Terry Eddy Family: Carolyn, with daughters Connie Fleagle & Kim Larkin.
Event will take place outdoors. Please come prepared for an outdoor day.
Watch the video of the 2013 Earth Day event, created by Andrew Gehman.