- This event has passed.
Art in the Park: Summer Institute Art Camp
July 19 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until July 22, 2022
Monday through Friday, July 18–22
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Age: Kids completing grades K – 6
Maximum enrollment: 30
Art Show open to artists and family at 3:00 on July 22
This program is FULL. Please email us to be added to a wait list in case of cancellations: email@example.com
A one-week art immersion program designed to inspire students to creative expression through visual art.
In an outdoor park setting surrounded by nature, students spend a full week exploring and creating with a variety of mediums and techniques like drawing, painting, sculpture, clay, fiber arts and collage.
The plan is for each student to create two artworks every day! Students will be divided into two age groups. With guidance from professional art educators, each student will complete one project in the morning and another in the afternoon, with a lunch break in between. Working with a wide range of mediums, students will develop and build upon their pre-existing skills to create new artworks.
An Art Show on the last day, July 22 at 3 p.m. allows students to share their work with their families.
We will provide two snacks a day and have two short recess breaks in the morning and afternoon as well.
Please send a packed lunch, water bottle, sunscreen and bug spray with students each day.
About the instructors:
• Camp Director Liz Ditch is an award-winning art educator who has taught elementary art for 15 years. She teaches at Rockland Woods Elementary in Washington Co., Md.
• Assistant Director Rachel Barnhart is an art teacher at Emma K. Doub Elementary in Hagerstown.
• Art Educator Intern Lexi Shockey is currently enrolled in art education at Shippensburg University.
Reserve your spot now with the Tickets function below!
Camp Fee: $200 for the full week
Payment in full holds the reservation.
Registration deadline: Monday, July 11.
• Cancellations up to 7 days before the camp begins (on or before July 11)— Refund, minus a $25 processing fee
• Cancellations within 7 days of camp (July 12 or after)—No refund
Underwriting support provided by lead sponsor, Jan Turano.
Additional support from Today’s Horizon Fund contributors: The Nora Roberts Foundation; The John R. Hershey Jr. and Anna L. Hershey Family Foundation; Alma W. Oyer; APX Enclosures, Inc.; the Carolyn Terry Eddy Family: Carolyn, with daughters Connie Fleagle & Kim Larkin, and an anonymous donor, in honor of the life and work of Eunice Statler. Facility support courtesy of Washington Township.